Who we are
Our website address is https://standardobservers.com
Our mission at Standard Observers is, to tell the truth, and help people understand the world around them. Part of our job is to also help you to understand how we handle your data, to know your rights and choices before making any decisions.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
The policy below describes how we handle your data when you use Standard Observers Services which include:
- Our website
- Our pages or ads on social media networks
How we handle information about you depends on which of our Services you use — and how you use them.
What Information Do We Gather About You?
The information we gather about you is the information that can personally identify you whether on its own or when combined with other information.
The following describes the information we collect and how we obtain it.
- Information Collected Through Times Services.
- Information You Voluntarily Give Us
- For Registration:
When you sign up for our Service such as subscription, we collect your contact information and account credentials. Once you’re registered, we assign you a unique ID number. This ID number helps us recognize you when you’re signed in.
- For Billing:
To process payments or donations, we collect and use your payment information.
This can include your name, your address, your telephone number, your email address, your credit or debit card information and any other relevant information.
- For User-Generated Content:
We offer you the ability to post content that other users can read such as comments or reviews. Anyone can read, collect and use any personal information that accompanies your posts.
We do not have to publish any of your content. If the law requires us to take down, remove or edit your personal information, we will comply to the required extent.
- For Contests and Special Offers:
When you sign up for these, you give us your name, email and any other required information.
- For Reader Surveys, Research, Panels and Experience Programs:
We gather information through questionnaires, surveys and feedback programs. We also conduct similar research for advertisers. We ask you for your consent to use this information when you participate in these programs and events.
- During Contact With Our Call Centers:
We collect information from you when you place an order over the phone or contact customer service through one of our toll-free numbers.
- Personal Contacts Data:
We never scan your device for your contacts or upload that data.
With your consent, we do comply with your requests to collect data about your friends, family or acquaintances.
- Information Collected Automatically
- With Tracking Technologies in Your Browser and Mobile Apps:
These technologies include cookies, web beacons, tags and scripts, software development kits (or SDKs) and beyond.
We track and store data about how you visit and use our Services, particularly through our websites and apps. The items we log include:
- Your IP address
- Your location
- Your operating system
- Your browser
- Your browser language
- The URLs of any pages you visit on our sites and apps
- Device identifiers
- Advertising identifiers
- Other usage information.
We combine this data with other information we collect about you.
- A) Information Collected From Other Sources.
- Privately Owned Databases:
Marketing, data analytic and social media-owned databases give us access to a range of information — like public data, survey data and beyond. This data sometimes includes your mailing address, your gender, your age, your household income and other demographic data.
- Social Media Platforms and Other Third-Party Services:
(Social media platforms include Facebook. Third-party services include Google)
You can link your social media or other third-party account to our Service. By linking the services, you authorize us to collect, store and use any information they may give us (e.g., your email address). You can disconnect your registration from third-party accounts at any time.
We also receive information from you when you interact with our pages, groups, accounts or posts on social media platforms. This includes aggregate data on our followers (e.g., age, gender and location), engagement data (e.g., “likes,” comments, shares, reposts and clicks), awareness data (e.g., number of impressions and reach) and individual users’ public profiles.
What Do We Do With The Information We Collect About You?
- A) We provide the you with necessary services at Standard Observers.
We use your information to help you use and navigate our Services, such as:
- Making all our news available to you
- Arranging access to your account
- Providing customer service
- Responding to your inquiries, requests, suggestions or complaints
- Completing your payments and transactions
- Sending service-related
- Saving your reading list, recipes or property searches
- Letting you take part in paid services, polls, promotions, surveys, panels, research and comments.
- B) We Personalize Your Experience.
We track your interests and reading habits (e.g., the articles you read) to personalize your reading experience using technology like algorithmic recommendations and machine learning. This is how we highlight articles you might be interested in and de-emphasize articles you’ve already read.
- C) We Allow You to Share User-Generated Content.
Any information you disclose in your content becomes public — along with your chosen screen name and uploaded photo.
- D) We Develop Products and Services, and Do Analysis.
We analyze data on our users’ subscription, purchase and usage behaviors. This helps us make business and marketing decisions.
For example, our analysis lets us predict preferences and price points for our products and services. It helps us determine whether our marketing is successful. It also shows us characteristics about our readers, which we sometimes share in aggregate with advertisers.
- E) We Carry Out Administrative Tasks.
- For auditing: We verify that our internal processes work as intended and comply with legal, regulatory and contractual requirements.
- For fraud and security monitoring: We detect and prevent cyberattacks or unauthorized robot activities.
- For customer satisfaction: We assess users’ satisfaction with Times Services and our customer care team.